Serving the Goreville & Lake of Egypt areas since 1977

 

Minor electrical fire closes Dollar General for afternoon

Posted June 26, 2013 by Joe Rehana in Community
Goreville volunteer firefighter Kenny Swisher provides an “all clear” on a minor electrical fire that occurred at Dollar General Monday afternoon saying it was likely a compressor that malfunctioned.

Goreville volunteer firefighter Kenny Swisher provides an “all clear” on a minor electrical fire that occurred at Dollar General Monday afternoon saying it was likely a compressor that malfunctioned.

Goreville volunteer firefighter Kenny Swisher provides an “all clear” on a minor electrical fire that occurred at Dollar General Monday afternoon saying it was likely a compressor that malfunctioned.

No damage was reported and Swisher said his equipment detected no heat or fire before his departure. The store remained closed for the afternoon as an electrician was called to the scene.

Swisher said the call was likely his last before heading to Colorado Tuesday to assist in the wild fires plaguing the state. Swisher, a Red Cross volunteer, has helped with several tornado disasters already this year and said in Colorado he will assist in logistics and procurement for the firefighters in the field. The fires in Colorado have displaced thousands and have continued for several weeks.

Swisher said he will remain in Colorado for 14 days headquartered in Colorado Springs as he participates in the battle against the blaze.